Babies Play Music Session
**COVID19 Update: Online sessions only.
Babies Play Music Session is a half-hour interactive singalong for babies 0-12 months and their caretakers. Music stimulates all the senses and involves the child at many levels. This “multimodal approach” facilitates many developmental skills. The medium of music therapy allows this play to occur naturally and frequently (AMTA). Sessions teach songs to stimulate gross motor movement and coordination, including baby signs to promote early language development.
Signs you will learn include:
- Family: Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin
- Manners: Please, Thank You, More, Help, All Done
- Food: Milk, Juice, Water, Bread, Cheese, Grapes, Banana, Apple, Cracker
- Actions: Eat, Drink, Sleep, Listen, Watch, Play
- Animals: Dog, Cat, Bird, Fish, Bear, Duck, Sheep, Frog, Horse