I often get asked if Play Music is available for parties. The answer is yup, we sure are. Birthdays, Halloween parties, Hanukkah parties, anniversaries, fundraiser events, holiday parties- the list is a long and good one. It is always an honor to be invited. And it supports my above mentioned excuse making.
For budgets of $10 or $1000, here are three options for spinning your party into a magical music memory:
If you are planning to keep costs low, there are a few options for spinning your pre-existing resources into a music party. For each of these activities I recommend you create a mini playlist (approx. 4-5 songs, more if you have them) of songs that are related to your party theme. My top picks are-
- Music Games: Limbo. Musical Chairs. Freeze Dance. These are all party slam dunks.
- Kids Karaoke: Search iTunes or Amazon MP3 for karaoke versions of your party theme songs.
- Jam Band: Designate a box with safe, kid-friendly instruments and let them go hog wild.
2/ MODERATE-COST MUSIC PARTY SESSION
- Play Music Party Package 1 - the Classic Session package includes a full half-hour of interactive music participation with sing-a-longs, drumming, instruments, parachute, and some of your favorite tunes. You also have the option for a professionally led "Happy Birthday" song including live guitar. Recommended for kids ages 6 and under. More info here.
- Music Instrument Craft: recycled bottles filled with dry beans can go a long way. Add some paint or ribbons and you've got yourself a smash hit. Search "homemade music instruments" for DIY shaker, drum, or guitar ideas using new or (even better) recycled materials such as bottles and cans.
3/ PREMIUM-COST MUSIC PARTY SESSION
- Play Music Party Package 2 - the Recording Party package includes a half-hour private music recording session for the birthday boy or girl and their party guests featuring 3 custom songs, including a personalized happy birthday song. The custom recordings are edited on site and placed onto a CD for take-home party favors that will last years. Recommended for kids ages 7 and older. More info here.
Writing this post makes me want to go dance and eat cake. How appropriate that I'm heading to a big-kid birthday tonight :) Contact us if you have any questions or would like to request a Play Music Party Session.
And to wrap this post up with a bow of wisdom, remember that we don't need to make childhood magical. It is inherently magical.  So however you choose to celebrate- in the company of a few or few too many- I hope you enjoy the naturally magically moments. I hope you take less pictures and make more memories. Spin all your favorite songs. Shake your tail feather. Sing loudly. And party on, friends.
Ps, for super great and free printable party decor and party favors visit ohhappyday.com
Post header image c/o V. Flores Photography
 Bunmi Laditan